Nominations are now open for the University of Oregon Outstanding Research Awards, which honor faculty members and staff for the excellence of their work.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation, the Office of the Provost, and the Division of Graduate Studies together host and sponsor the annual UO Outstanding Teaching, Research, and Mentorship Awards.
The research awards celebrate the significant achievement of UO faculty and staff members engaged in research and scholarly activity. The award categories are:
- Outstanding Career Award: Given to a tenured faculty member at the associate or full professor rank.
- Early Career Award: Given to a tenure-track faculty member at the assistant professor rank.
- Outstanding Career Research Faculty Award: Given to someone with a full-time, research career faculty appointment.
- Innovation and Impact Award: Given to an individual or team for outstanding entrepreneurial and/or broader public engagement activity, including communication, policy or outreach.
- Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Research Award: Given to an individual or team that has demonstrated leadership, impact and advocacy to contribute to a more diverse and inclusive environment.
Awardees receive a commendation from the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation, including $1,000 in research support or $2,500 for a team, a recognition memento, and recognition of their work in university communications.
Nominations and self-nominations are open to the UO campus. Nomination letters should be no more than one page in length, unique to each nominee, and must detail the research impact on the field and the significance of the individual’s research over the past several years. Where applicable, attention should be given to describing how the research portfolio has a broad impact on the discipline and beyond.
Nominations or self-nominations are due no later than April 23 for full consideration and should be submitted via the Outstanding Research Awards nomination form.
For more details on the award categories, the nomination process and prior recipients, visit the Outstanding Research Awards program page or contact Research Development Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.