The University of Oregon benefits office is hosting a variety of retirement education workshops in the months ahead. A representative from Oregon Savings Growth Plan will conduct a webinar to provide information about the state of Oregon's deferred compensation plan as an option for retirement planning. The OSGP workshop takes place on Nov. 19 with two times to choose from — 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Details and registration instructions are available on the OSGP website.
Representatives from the Public Employees Retirement System will conduct education sessions via webinar. These are the same sessions previously held on campus. Details and registration information is available on the PERS website, which is linked in the webinar titles.
- Retirement Readiness with Financial Planning – Intended for Tier One/Tier Two members within three years of retirement.
- Introduction to PERS with Financial Planning – Intended for Tier One/Tier Two members more than three years to retirement.
- All About OPSRP with Financial Planning – Intended for OPSRP members at any career point.
- Retirement Application Assistance Session – One-on-one session with a PERS representative designed to review your retirement application.
Representatives from Fidelity will conduct a retirement webinar on Nov. 4. from 11:00 a.m. to noon.
The webinar will discuss:
- How to assess your spending and take control of your budget.
- Considerations for taking money from a workplace savings plan.
- Ways Fidelity can support you.
Details and registration instructions are available on the Fidelity website.
In addition to retirement workshops, retirement counseling sessions are available to answer benefit-eligible employees’ questions regarding tax-deferred investment and optional retirement plans. This is an excellent opportunity to build a relationship with a financial planner as you save for retirement. One-on-one retirement counseling sessions are conducted by phone. Schedule a counseling session with your retirement plan provider and explore other tools and resources.
Reservations for Fidelity workshops are available online or by phone at 1-800-642-7131.
Reservations for TIAA counseling sessions are available online or by calling 1-800-732-8353.