- The Accessible Education Center is finding new ways to help students who need support during remote learning and ensure all students get a quality education. Read more about the support on Around the O.
- To increase security for the university's systems and data, especially during the COVID-19 outbreak, people using two-step login (Duo) will be prompted to use it for Office 365 and UOmail starting June 3. In addition, all faculty, staff, and GEs must enroll in Duo by July 29.
- Zoom has issued a required upgrade to improve meeting security. If your computer is managed by your IT department, they will update Zoom for you. If you need to update Zoom on your computer, open the application, click on your picture (or initials) in the upper right corner, select “Check for Updates,” and install any updates when prompted. After May 30, you will be forced to upgrade Zoom to version 5 before connecting to a meeting.
- For students: the University of Oregon is seeking a student to serve on the Joint UO Senate/Administration Task Force on Long-term Responses to COVID-19. The group will advise President Michael Schill about how the university should respond to financial challenges posed by the COVID-19 crisis. If you are interested, please submit an application by Monday, June 1, at 5:00 p.m.
- Information for students including support, guidance, and tips is available on the Remote Resources for Students website.
- Information for faculty, staff, GEs, and student workers related to remote work, benefits, leave, and other support is available on the HR resources for faculty and staff webpage.
- Information for instructional faculty and graduate educators related to remote teaching is available on the Office of the Provost's faculty resources webpage.
- The Oregon Health Authority reports 3,817 confirmed and presumptive COVID-19 cases in the state, 66 cases in Lane County, and 1,026 in Multnomah County on May 21.
- The university continues to work in close coordination with the Oregon Health Authority and our companion institutions and agencies.