Fifteen outstanding members of the University of Oregon faculty have been selected to receive Fund for Faculty Excellence Awards for the 2016-17 academic year.
The Fund for Faculty Excellence is designed to further the university’s commitment to improving its academic quality and reputation by recognizing, supporting and retaining world-class, tenure-related faculty. Each recipient receives $20,000 in salary supplements or $25,000 in research funding. The award is made possible by the generous support of Lorry Lokey.
Recipients are selected on the basis of scholarly influence within their respective fields, their contributions to program and institutional quality at the UO, and their academic leadership.
For more on the Fund for Faculty Excellence and the recipients, see the Academic Affairs website.
Fund for Faculty Excellence recipients:
- Ilya Bindeman, professor of geological sciences
- Shannon Boettcher, associate professor of chemistry and biochemistry
- Mark Carey, associate professor of history
- Lisa Gilman, professor of English and folklore
- Bart Johnson, professor of landscape architecture
- Huaxin Lin, professor of mathematics
- David Luebke, professor of history
- Kent McIntosh, associate professor of special education
- Victor Ostrik, professor mathematics
- Ben Saunders, professor of English
- Idit Shner, associate professor of saxophone and jazz studies
- Richard Taylor, professor of physics
- Courtney Thorsson, associate professor of English
- Cynthia Vakareliyska, professor of linguistics
- Paul Wallace, professor of geological sciences