Campus Planning and Facilities Management has updated its running list of closures and other activities that affect travel, access, and planning on campus.The department broadcasts important campus notifications in a variety of ways to keep the university community informed about building maintenance, emergency management testing, construction and other campus planning and facility projects.
The latest notifications include:
- Campus fire systems testing and maintenance schedule for summer 2023: Week of Aug. 21 affects Computing Center, Oregon Hall and Allen Hall.
- McArthur Court loud noise and odor advisory during HVAC work, Aug. 22.
- Riverfront Parkway closed while underground utilities are modified, Aug. 28 through Sept. 1.
- Fenton Hall stacks, Rooms 114, 214 and 314, electrical outage during upgrades, Aug. 29.
- Fenton Hall temporary hallway closed during flooring project, Aug. 30.
- Gerlinger Hall, Room 220, and Student Recreation Center, Rooms 138 and 290, floor refinishing and odor advisory, Aug. 30 through Sept 8.
- Summer grease trap cleaning and odor advisory, Aug. 31 through Sept. 1.
- Earl Hall and Straub Hall compressed air shut down during repairs, Sept. 7.
- East 13th Avenue between Kincaid and Agate streets, surveying advisory, Aug. 21 through Sept. 8.
- Knight Library four-inch steam main shutdown during flow meter installation, Sept. 11-14.
- Date Extended: McKenzie Hall Heritage Project surge work, through Sept. 1.
- Date Extended: Cascade Hall heat exchanger repair delayed while waiting for parts, through Sept. 20.
- Postponed: Pacific Hall Suites 304, 305 and 306 heating and HVAC outage during firmware updates.
- Vivian Olum Child Development Center front entrance closed for dry rot repair through Aug. 25.
- Global Scholars Hall steam shut-down to replace meter and make upgrades, Aug. 28-30.
- Prince Lucien Campbell Heritage Project surge work, through Aug. 31.
- Fenton Hall, Room 314, construction work advisory, through Aug. 31.
- Campus air handling unit preventative maintenance performed in Parker Black Cultural Center, Klamath Hall, Museum of Natural and Cultural History, Vivian Olum Child Development Center and Annex, Millrace Woodshop, Hart Center, Miller Theatre Complex, Villard Hall, Friendly Hall, Fenton Hall, Chapman Hall, University Hall, Fine Arts A, Fine Arts C and Wilkinson House, through Aug. 31.
- McKenzie Hall carpet replacement and access advisory on third floor, through Aug. 31.
- Riverfront Parkway closed during utility work, Aug. 28-Sept. 1.
- Knight Library fourth floor fireproofing repair advisory, through Sept. 1.
- Campuswide summer lowered custodial services, through Sept. 4.
- Campus AMAG academic break and holiday door locks advisory for 2022-23, through Sept. 5.
- Campuswide island mode electrical testing, Sept. 6.
- Student Recreation Center, fields 3 and 4 turf, replacement advisory, through Sept. 8.
- Parking Lot 12B closed during East Science Loop Electrical Project, through Sept. 12.
- Knight Library Consolidated Testing Center renovation, through Sept. 15.
- Heritage Renovation Project informational bulletin, through Sept. 29.
- Streisinger Hall and Parking Lot 12B East Science Loop Project ground work, through Sept. 30.
- Gallery Way closed by Millrace Studios for construction of utility tunnel, through Dec. 15.
- Huestis Renovation Project site logistics, through Dec. 31, 2023.
- Knight Campus phase 2 project access advisory for north campus, through Aug. 29, 2025.
- Lawrence Hall wheelchair lift (E271) shutdown for repairs Oct. 13, 2021, timeline unknown.
- Baker Downtown Center restrooms 201A and 202A shutdown till city of Eugene repairs sewer line, timeline unknown.
- Education Annex emergency cold water shutdown due to underground water pipe leak, timeline unknown.
- Klamath Hall emergency shutdown of 60-pound steam line due to a leak, timeline unknown.
- Parking Lot 12B East Science Loop Project will close additional portion of lot just north of Klamath Hall for crane work, date unknown.
- Johnson Hall portico scaffolding advisory, work is complete except for new globe installation, timeline unknown.