Campus Planning and Facilities Management has updated its running list of closures and other activities that affect travel, access and planning on campus.The department broadcasts important campus notifications in a variety of ways to keep the university community informed about building maintenance, emergency management testing, construction and other campus planning and facility projects.
The latest notifications include:
- Campus summer 2023 fire systems testing and maintenance schedule through Sept. 21: Week of Aug. 28 affects Agate Hall, Straub Hall, Tykeson Hall, Columbia Hall and Volcanology Hall.
- Klamath Hall water intrusion in B018, B020, B026 and the east hallway, Aug. 24.
- McArthur Court duct work in mezzanine, Aug. 24-Sept 29.
- Huestis Hall fire suppression work to affect the basement and stair towers, Sept. 7.
- Johnson Hall break room 217 offline for remodel, Sept. 7-22.
- Campus air handling unit preventive maintenance schedule for September 2023 will be performed in Lewis Integrative Science Building, Zebrafish International Resource Center, Volcanology, Deschutes Hall, Facilities Services miscellaneous quonset 131, Facilities Services paint auonset 129, Quonset 108, CPFM warehouse/shops, CPFM administration, Millrace Studios 1, 2 and 3.
Ongoing by completion dates:
- Fenton Hall stacks, rooms 114, 214and 314, electrical outage during upgrades, Aug. 29.
- Global Scholars Hall steam shutdown to replace meter and make upgrades, Aug. 28-30.
- Fenton Hall temporary hallway closed during flooring project, Aug. 30.
- Prince Lucien Campbell Hall Heritage Project surge work, through Aug. 31.
- Fenton Hall Room 314 construction work advisory, through Aug. 31.
- Campus air handling unit preventative maintenance schedule for August 2023 performed in Black Cultural Center, Klamath Hall, Museum of Natural and Cultural History, Vivian Olum Child Development Center and Annex, Millrace Woodshop, Hart Center, Miller Theatre Complex, Villard Hall, Friendly Hall, Fenton Hall, Chapman Hall, University Hall, Fine Arts A (Sculpture), Fine Arts C (Metalsmith/Jewelry) and Wilkinson House.
- McKenzie Hall carpet replacement and access advisory on third floor, through Aug. 31.
- Riverfront Parkway closed while underground utilities are modified, Aug. 28-Sept. 1.
- Summer grease trap cleaning and odor advisory, Aug. 31-Sept. 1.
- McKenzie Hall Heritage Project surge work, through Sept. 1.
- Knight Library fourth floor fireproofing repair advisory, through Sept. 1.
- Campuswide summer lowered custodial services, through Sept. 4.
- Campus AMAG academic break and holiday door locks advisory for 2022-23, through Sept. 5, 2023.
- Campuswide island mode electrical testing scheduled for Sept. 6.
- Earl Hall and Straub Hall compressed air shutdown during repairs, Sept. 7.
- Student Rec Center Fields 3 and 4 turf replacement advisory, through Sept. 8.
- East 13th Avenue between Kincaid and Agate Streets surveying advisory, through Sept. 8.
- Gerlinger Hall Room 220 and Student Rec Center Rooms 138 and 290 floor refinishing and odor advisory, Aug. 30-Sept 8.
- Parking Lot 12B north of Streisinger Hall closed during East Science Loop electrical project, through Sept. 12.
- Knight Library 4-inch steam main shutdown during flow meter installation, Sept. 11-14.
- Knight Library Consolidated Testing Center renovation, through Sept. 15.
- Cascade Hall heat exchanger repair delayed while waiting for parts, through Sept. 20.
- Heritage Renovation Project informational bulletin, through Sept. 29.
- Gallery Way road closed by Millrace Studios for construction of utility tunnel, through Dec. 15.
- Huestis Renovation Project site logistics for next phase, through Dec. 31.
- Knight Campus phase 2 project access advisory for north campus, Dec. 12, 2022-Aug. 29, 2025.
Unknown completion dates:
- Baker Downtown Center restrooms 201A and 202A shut down until city of Eugene repairs sewer line.
- Education Annex emergency cold water shut down due to underground water pipe leak.
- Klamath Hall emergency shutdown of 60-pound steam due to a leak.
- Parking Lot 12B East Science Loop Project will close additional portion of lot just north of Klamath Hall for crane work.
- Johnson Hall portico scaffolding advisory, work is complete except for new globe installation.
- Postponed: Pacific Hall Suites 304, 305 and 306 heating and HVAC outage during firmware updates.