Campus Planning and Facilities Management has updated its running list of closures and other activities that affect travel, access and planning on campus.
The department broadcasts important campus notifications in a variety of ways to keep the university community informed about building maintenance, emergency management testing, construction and other campus planning and facility projects.
The latest notifications include:
- Computing Center, Fenton Hall, Columbia Hall and Volcanology fire system testing and maintenance, week of Sept. 26-30.
- Huestis Basement Zebrafish Facility RO/DI water shutdown, Sept. 27.
- Huestis Basement fire suppression system shutdown, Sept. 27-28.
- Postponed: Huestis Hall, Streisinger Hall and Lokey Labs demolition activities in Huestis north lobby (Sept. 24) postponed, new date TBD.
- Rescheduled: University Hall and Villard Hall light construction activity related to the Heritage Project, Sept. 26-30.
- Rescheduled: Baker Downtown Center fire systems testing, Sept. 27.
- Date extended: Lawrence Hall glass curtain replacement and access advisory, until Sept. 30.
- Campus fire systems testing and maintenance schedule for summer 2022. Reminders will be sent out a week prior to each building’s test.
- Lawrence Hall west side steam shutdown, Sept. 27-29.
- Volcanology steam heat shutdown to repair leak, approximately Sept. 30.
- Knight Library roofing project and access advisory, until Oct. 28.
- CPFM Back Forty thermal tank storage project advisory until Oct. 31.
- Frohnmayer Music heating system repair, timeline unknown.
- NILI (1629 Moss St.) HVAC shutdown to remove pest odor, timeline unknown.
- Gerlinger Annex first floor steam heat shut down due to leak, timeline unknown.
- Baker Downtown Center restrooms 201A and 202A shut down until city of Eugene repairs sewer line, timeline unknown.
- Streisinger and Lokey Labs steam shut down to replace condensate pumps (was June 13-14 but postponed due to weather).
- Klamath Hall House vacuum down, timeline unknown.
- University Health Services basement emergency shut down of AHU-1, timeline unknown.
- Lawrence Hall wheelchair lift (E271) shut down for repairs, timeline unknown.
- Zebrafish International Resource Center addition construction advisory, extended another six months to Feb. 17, 2023.
- Hamilton/Walton Residence Hall Transformation Project phase 2, July 6, 2021-Aug. 1, 2023.
- Huestis Renovation Project site logistics for next phase, March 31, 2022-Dec. 31, 2023.