UO researchers and scholars were recently featured in stories about gospel music, fossilized plants, privacy laws and DNA test kits, among other topics.
Oregon Public Broadcasting’s program Oregon Art Beat did a feature story on Andiel Brown, director of the gospel ensembles at the UO. The segment aired on television and included video of Brown in the classroom and archive footage from when he went from walk-on to captain of the UO football team.
Here are some other places where UO researchers were mentioned in the media:
- UO earth sciences professor Gregory Retallack provides commentary for a Newsweek story on fossilized plants.
- Yvette Alex-Assensoh, professor of political science and vice president of equity and inclusion, wrote a piece for the Sept. 7 issue of Diverse Issues in Higher Education titled “What’s Love Got To Do With It?”
- Jim Rawlins, UO admissions director, was interviewed by The New York Times about a The Common Application website going down just before the deadline.
- UO English and folklore studies professor Daniel Wojcik co-authored a piece in The Conversation about lessons found in how ancient cultures approached grief and mourning.
- Marion Goldman, professor emeritus of sociology, co-authored a piece in The Conversation about Martin Luther’s influence on the success of the reformation.
- Local news is reinventing and reinvigorating itself, wrote UO journalism professor Damian Radcliffe in a piece for The Conversation that was picked up by dozens of other outlets, including the Associated Press, Salon and The San Francisco Chronicle.
- UO law professor Carrie Leonetti was interviewed about how privacy laws apply to the homeless on Oregon Public Broadcasting’s Think Out Loud.
- KEZI, the Eugene ABC affiliate, featured UO biologist Diana Libuda in a story about DNA test kits.
Around the O would like to know when members of the UO faculty, staff or students are interviewed by media or have written for publications based on their role at the UO. If you or a colleague have been in the news please send an email to email@example.com. If you would like to learn more about writing for The Conversation, email Molly Blancett at firstname.lastname@example.org.