UO researchers and scholars were recently featured in stories about immigration, Disney, gratitude and television news, among other topics.
Dan Tichenor, a political science professor at the UO, provided insight on the history of U.S. immigration policy in a story in The Washington Post.
Here are some other places where UO researchers were mentioned in the media:
- UO journalism professor Janet Wasko was interviewed for a story in Business Insider.
- Newsweek featured research and comments from UO earth sciences professor Gregory Retallack.
- Psychology professor Jennifer Freyd co-authored an op-ed about President Donald Trump’s response to sexual harassment allegations. The piece ran in the Boston Globe. Freyd’s research was also cited in a recent Vox story. Additionally, she was interviewed recently by radio station KQED about what a backlash against #MeToo might look like.
- Psychology Today featured research by UO psychology professor Christina Karns.
- UO journalism professor Jesse Abdenour wrote a piece for the Columbia Journalism Review about his recent study on how competition between TV stations spurs investigative journalism.
- UO creative writing professor Garrett Hongo contributed a story for Paste Magazine.
- 1859 Oregon Magazine interviewed UO volcanologist Thomas Giachetti for an article about his research on Oregon volcanoes.
Around the O would like to know when members of the UO faculty, staff or students are interviewed by media or have written for publications based on their role at the UO. If you or a colleague have been in the news please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.