UO researchers and scholars were recently featured in stories about blockchain, female mathematicians, daylight saving time and earthquakes, among other topics.
Ana-Maurine Lara, an author and assistant professor in anthropology, provided expert commentary for a story about the singer Amara La Negra on NBC News.
Here are some other places where UO researchers were mentioned in the media:
- Psychology professor Jennifer Freyd appeared in a video produced by The Washington Post. The on-camera interview was joined by a story in the publication.
- Finance professor Stephen McKeon was mentioned in a Wall Street Journal story about the future of blockchain.
- Chad Randl, an instructor of historic preservation, provided expert commentary for a New York Times story on architectural design trends.
- Jennifer Ruef, a professor in the College of Education, wrote an op-ed for the San Francisco Chronicle about how teachers prep for natural disasters. Ruef also wrote a piece for The Conversation about unsung female mathematicians.
- Management professor David Wagner wrote an article for The Conversation about the effects of daylight saving time on sleep. Major media outlets, including the Associated Press, MarketWatch, Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times republished the piece.
- Diego Melgar, an assistant professor of geophysics, co-authored a piece for The Conversation about the 2017 Mexico City earthquake.
- Psychology professor Nick Allen talked to Popular Science about teens’ developing brains.
- The New Yorker included research by UO economist Tim Duy in a story about the new chair of the Federal Reserve.
- VOGUE India mentioned research by UO economist Bill Harbaugh in an article.
Around the O would like to know when members of the UO faculty, staff or students are interviewed by media or have written for publications based on their role at the UO. If you or a colleague have been in the news please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to learn more about writing for The Conversation, email Molly Blancett at email@example.com.