University of Oregon faculty members seeking funds for scholarship, creative projects or quantitative or qualitative research can receive up to $5,500 in support though the 2019 Faculty Research Awards. The deadline for proposals is Jan. 11, 2019.
Administered by the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation, the program is open to faculty members from all academic disciplines. Faculty Research Awards stimulate research by providing support for research expenses, including travel, summer stipends, equipment, supplies, contractual services, shared facility use and graduate or undergraduate student research assistance.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Book projects that are intended for publication with an academic press.
- Performances in nationally or internationally known venues.
- Creative work that will be exhibited.
- Projects that obtain pilot data, demonstrate the feasibility of an approach or method, or contribute to the development of a prototype.
- Travel to conduct field work or conduct research at an archive or special collection.
Guidelines and the application form are available online on the Research Development Services website. An information session on the Faculty Research Awards will be held Tuesday, Dec. 4, from noon to 1 p.m. in the Crater Lake South Room of the Erb Memorial Union.
Questions should be directed to Research Development Services, email@example.com.