Campus Planning and Facilities Management has updated its running list of closures and other activities that affect travel, access and planning on campus.The department broadcasts important campus notifications in a variety of ways to keep the university community informed about building maintenance, emergency management testing, construction and other campus planning and facility projects.
The latest notifications include:
- Campus summer 2023 fire systems testing and maintenance schedule: week of Sept. 11 affects Clinical Services, HEDCO, Lokey Education, Alder Building and Thompson University Center.
- Prefontaine Classic affecting traffic on Agate Street and parking lots 38, 39 and 43, Sept. 11-18.
- Klamath Hall exhaust ductwork inspection advisory, Sept. 12-13.
- North campus concrete truck activity advisory, Sept. 14-March 29, 2024.
- HEDCO exterior window cleaning, Sept 15-16.
- Huestis Hall fire suppression system offline during final connection work, Sept. 19.
- Klamath Hall exhaust system shut down for upgrades, Sept. 19-20.
- Huestis Hall condensate return unit offline to reroute for new CRU-1, Sept. 26.
- Date extended until end of month: East 13th Avenue (between Kincaid and Agate streets) surveying advisory, through Sept. 29.
Ongoing by completion dates:
- Parking Lot 12B (north of Streisinger Hall) closed during East Science Loop Electrical Project, through Sept. 12.
- Fenton Hall Room 314 project third floor fire sprinkler work advisory, through Sept. 12.
- Fenton Hall temporary hallway closed during flooring project, Sept. 12.
- Streisinger Hall electrical and HVAC outage during new equipment install, Sept. 12.
- Klamath Hall exhaust ductwork inspection, Sept. 12-13.
- Knight Library 4-inch steam main shut down during flow meter installation, Sept. 11-14.
- Knight Library Consolidated Testing Center renovation, through Sept. 15.
- McKenzie Hall Heritage Project surge work, through Sept. 15.
- Black Cultural Center exterior window and light building washing, Sept. 15-16.
- Moss Street Children’s Center courtyard exterior door resurfacing advisory, Sept. 6-16.
- Cascade Hall heat exchanger repair delayed while waiting for parts, through Sept. 20.
- Johnson Hall break room 217 offline for remodel, through Sept. 22.
- Lillis Complex (Anstett, Peterson, Chiles) exterior window cleaning advisory, Sept. 21-23.
- Clinical Services Building exterior window cleaning advisory, Sept. 21-23.
- Allen Hall exterior window cleaning advisory, Sept. 21-23.
- Heritage Renovation Project informational bulletin, through Sept. 29.
- McArthur Court duct work in mezzanine, through Sept 29.
- Streisinger Hall and Parking Lot 12B East Science Loop Project groundwork, through Sept. 30.
- Campus air handling unit preventive maintenance schedule for September 2023 performed in Lewis Integrative Science Building, Zebrafish International Resource Center, Volcanology Hall, Deschutes Hall, Facilities Services Misc. Quonset 131, Facilities Services Paint Quonset 129, Quonset 108, CPFM Warehouse/Shops, CPFM Administration, Millrace Studios 1, 2 and 3, through Sept. 30.
- Gallery Way closed by Millrace Studios for construction of utility tunnel, through Dec. 15.
- Huestis Renovation Project site logistics for next phase, March 31, 2022-Dec. 31, 2023.
- Campus door locking schedule for observed holidays and academic breaks in 2023-24.
- Knight Campus Phase 2 project access advisory for North Campus, Dec. 12, 2022-Aug. 29, 2025.
Unknown completion dates:
- Baker Downtown Center restrooms 201A and 202A shut down until city of Eugene repairs sewer line.
- Education Annex emergency cold water shut down due to underground water pipe leak.
- Klamath Hall emergency shutdown of 60-pound steam due to a leak.
- Parking Lot 12B East Science Loop Project will close additional portion of lot just north of Klamath Hall for crane work.
- Johnson Hall portico scaffolding advisory, work is complete except for new globe installation.
- Postponed: Pacific Hall Suites 304, 305 and 306 heating and HVAC outage during firmware updates.