The UO has announced the membership list for its Presidential Search Advisory Group, a panel that will support the work of the committee conducting a search for the UO’s next president.
The advisory group includes broad representation from faculty, students, alumni and community members from across Oregon. The group recently was expanded to 14 members when two additional faculty members were added at the request of faculty leaders.
Members of the advisory group will assist the Presidential Search Committee, which also has 14 members. The advisory panel will offer perspectives and insight to the search committee, and its members may be called on for advice and other support.
The advisory group includes:
- Jon Anderson is the president and publisher of Random Lengths Publications Inc. of Eugene and is the immediate past chairman of the Board of Trustees for the University of Oregon Foundation.
- Oscar Arana, MBA, the director of strategic development and communications at the Native American Youth and Family Center (NAYA) in Portland, is a graduate of UO’s School of Journalism and Communication and the UO Executive MBA program.
- Angela Davis, Ph.D., is an associate professor of accounting at the University of Oregon’s Lundquist College of Business.
- Derrick Deadwiler is the president of the University of Oregon Alumni Association. He graduated in 1994 with a B.S. in sociology and is the commercial distribution manager at Tennant Company in California.
- Jeff Eager, JD, graduated from the UO School of Law in 2004 and is an attorney at Balyeat and Eager LLP in Bend.
- Beatriz Gutierrez is a senior majoring in ethnic studies who also serves as president of the Associated Students of the University of Oregon, the UO’s student government body.
- Michael Hames-Garcia, Ph.D, is a professor and academic advisor in the UO’s ethnic studies department.
- Brennan Heller is a sophomore double majoring in Psychology and Business who also serves as vice president of operations and web content for the Clark Honors College Student Association.
- Mary Jaeger, Ph.D., is a professor and graduate advisor in the UO’s classics department.
- Kate Karfilis is a fifth year graduate student in the Institute of Molecular Biology and is president of the UO Women in Graduate Sciences.
- Robert Kyr, Ph.D, is the president of the University Senate and a professor of composition and theory in the School of Music and Dance.
- Sandra McDonough is the president and CEO of the Portland Business Alliance and a 1976 alumna of the UO with degrees in journalism and German.
- Carla McNelly, Ph.D., is the operations coordinator for the School of Journalism and Communication, and she is the current president of the SEIU Local 085, and chair of the UO Senate Respectful Workplace Committee.
- Teri Rowe is the department manager for the UO’s Department of Economics and chairs the UO’s Office of Administration Council. Teri is also an alumna of the UO.