University Communications welcomes your story ideas, which might be suitable for Around the O or another UO communications channel.
- Submit your idea through our story form, which can be accessed on this page and on the footer of every Around the O page.
- Please fill out all fields and include as much information as you can. For events, always be sure to include the date of the event.
- For event stories, or any stories tied to a specific date, please submit the story request at least two weeks before the event, but preferably sooner.
- Make sure your event is also entered on the UO events calendar.
Due to the volume of story requests, we cannot always respond to each request. If a story is accepted for publication, University Communications will respond.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS
Almost all UO Communications stories require a lead photograph or image.
- Images must be horizontal and will be cropped to a widescreen 16:9 ratio (800 x 450 pixels @72 dpi), such as this picture of two colleagues or this one of a field study.
- Avoid words or text in your image, especially in the lower third.
- Except for profiles such as Duck of the Week, headshots are discouraged as the main image for a story.
- Try to provide action scenes, people at work in their environments or other images that tell a story.
You can include portraits and additional photos with your submission—while they might not work as the story's lead image, they can be published within the story text, such as in this story about the operations director for COVID-19 testing.
SUBMIT LINKS TO YOUR VIDEOS
Around the O articles can also contain links to YouTube videos, such as in this science story. Be sure to include links to any related videos with your story submission.