The university will honor 12 classified employees and officers of administration at a special event Nov. 28, recognizing their selection as outstanding University of Oregon employees.
Winners were notified this week, often to cheers from supervisors and co-workers. The Outstanding Employee Awards are part of Office of Human Resources’ annual employee recognition program, which acknowledges UO staff who demonstrate excellence on the job, exemplify the university mission, foster admiration among colleagues and model high performance standards.
This year’s reception will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Ford Alumni Center’s Giustina Ballroom. The UO community is invited, and though those planning to attend are asked to RSVP.
The 2017 Outstanding Employee Award winners:
- Arnita Albertson, scheduling and academic support specialist, American English Institute
- Tom Coates, fabrication lab technician, College of Design
- Travis Hadwen, food service worker 3, University Housing
- Loring Hummel, web services team lead, College of Arts and Sciences information technology
- Kim Larsen, office specialist 2, Center for Applied Second Language Studies
- Dee Rawson, senior human resources specialist, human resources
- Laurie Schneider, grants/contracts coordinator, Department of Physics
Officers of administration:
- Megan Banks, Sustainable Cities Year program manager, Sustainable Cities Initiative
- Melissa Bowers, department manager, Department of English
- Paula Braswell, director of admissions, Clark Honors College
- Missy Matella, assistant general counsel, Office of General Counsel
- Arturo Zavala, academic advisor, College of Design
The Outstanding Employee Awards Selection Committee reviewed hundreds of statements submitted in support of employees across campuses, said Sandee Bybee, HR engagement and communications manager.