It’s a good time to travel by foot, bike or bus, and to be extra alert: A busy week of traffic and parking around the University of Oregon is here.
Annual move-out of nearly 4,000 students from the UO residence halls runs Monday, June 12, through Friday, June 16; UO Commencement is Monday, June 19.
See a map of traffic changes during the week.
UO faculty and staff should be aware of increased vehicle and pedestrian traffic around the residence halls and Hayward Field. Everyone in the university community is encouraged to use alternate transportation whenever possible. Drivers should avoid 13th and 15th avenues and Moss Street, as well as parking lots located near residence halls.
Changes to traffic patterns include:
- June 12-16: Bike lanes on Agate Street between East 13th and 15th avenues will be closed.
- June 14-16: East 15th Avenue will be one-way westbound between Agate and University streets.
- June 14-16: Moss Street will be one-way southbound between East 15th Avenue and East 17th Avenue.
- June 14-16: East 13th Avenue will be one-way westbound between Agate and University streets.
- June 19: The annual commencement march will go from the closed portion of East 13th Avenue westbound to Matthew Knight Arena, with rolling street closures from 8:15 to 9 a.m.
University parking maps and information are available at the Department of Parking and Transportation.
Be cautious and plan ahead for the busy roads, but don’t forget to offer smiles, congratulations and a helping hand to families, visitors and especially, our departing students.