The University of Oregon will honor 10 classified employees and officers of administration at a special event Nov. 29 recognizing their selection as outstanding employees.
Winners were notified this week, often to cheers from supervisors and co-workers. The Outstanding Employee Awards are part of thee Office of Human Resources’ annual employee recognition program, which acknowledges UO staff who demonstrate excellence on the job, exemplify the university mission, foster admiration among colleagues and model high performance standards.
This year’s reception will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Giustina Ballroom in the Ford Alumni Center. The UO community is invited, and those planning to attend are asked to RSVP.
The 2018 Outstanding Employee Award winners are:
- Doug Burzell, information technology consultant, UO Portland.
- Zach Fairchild, special events coordinator, Division of Student Life.
- Nancy Harvey, registered nurse, University Health Center.
- Jenny San, undergraduate program coordinator, School of Journalism and Communication.
- Jennifer Smith, administrative program assistant, Labor Education and Research Center.
Officers of administration—
- Amy Hughes Giard, director of first-year interest groups, Division of Undergraduate Studies.
- Abigail Leeder, director of experiential education and prevention initiatives, Office of the Dean of Students.
- Kristina Mollman, office manager, Department of Political Science.
- Betsy Tanenbaum, alumni network manager and recruiter, Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact.
- Stacey York, director of Master's Industrial Internship Program, Knight Campus Internship Program.
Selection of recipients is based on a nomination process and peer review. The Outstanding Employee Awards Selection Committee, comprised of officers of administration and classified employees, reviewed hundreds of statements submitted in support of employees across campuses in order to select the best of the best, said Sandee Bybee, HR engagement and communications manager.