Provost Scott Coltrane has announced the names of 16 faculty members selected for the prestigious Fund for Faculty Excellence Awards.
Established in 2006 with the generous support of Lorry Lokey, the Fund for Faculty Excellence Awards aims to increase the academic quality and reputation of the University of Oregon by highlighting and supporting world-class research and teaching.
“Since its inception the award has been bestowed on 137 outstanding faculty members,” Coltrane said. “These faculty members are recognized for their enduring commitment and contribution to our shared institutional spirit of learning, intellectual inquiry and service.”
Candidates are nominated by deans, with input from faculty and unit heads, and nominations are reviewed by the Fund for Faculty Excellence Awards review committee before a final determination is made by the provost. The award provides faculty members with a $20,000 salary supplement or $30,000 for research support.
Recipients of the Fund for Faculty Excellence Awards for 2017-18 are:
- Jack Boss, professor, music theory
- Scott Bridgham, professor, biology
- Chris Doe, professor, biology
- Rebecca Dorsey, professor, Earth sciences
- Raymond Frey, professor, physics
- Tyler Kendall, associate professor, linguistics
- Regina Lawrence, professor, journalism and communication
- Gyoung-Ah Lee, associate professor, anthropology
- Leslie Leve, professor, counseling psychology and human services
- Kari Norgaard, associate professor, sociology
- Jennifer Pfeifer, associate professor, psychology
- Michael Pluth, associate professor, chemistry and biochemistry
- Gerardo Sandoval, associate professor, planning, public policy and management
- Philip Scher, professor, folklore and anthropology
- Beata Stawarska, professor, philosophy
- Jessica Vasquez-Tokos, associate professor, sociology