One of the originators of the Women’s Innovation Network is among the UO staff and alumni to be recognized April 13 as “20 Under 40” by the Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce.
Mandy Gettler, senior innovation asset administrator in the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation, graduated from the UO in 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in English with a folklore emphasis. She was inspired to start the women’s network after learning through a professional conference about the low numbers of women in tech transfer, the process of taking an invention to market.
Known as WIN, the network is a nine-month, cross-disciplinary program that helps University of Oregon faculty members, graduate students and entrepreneurs navigate gender-based barriers to bringing their research to market or launching and sustaining their businesses.
The 20 Under 40 Awards, returning after a break during the pandemic, honor professionals ages 40 and younger who demonstrate excellence in their work, leadership in their fields, and commitment to community.
The complete list of UO staff and alumni 2022 honorees:
- Emily Forsha, Travel Lane County, bachelor’s degree in English, 2009.
- Mandy Gettler, senior innovation asset administrator, Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation, bachelor’s in English, 2008.
- Joel Iboa, Oregon Just Transition Alliance, bachelor’s in sociology, 2014.
- Amanda Kinsella, Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce, bachelor’s in anthropology, 2014.
- Todd Mann, T. Mann Financial, bachelor’s in political science, 2007.
- Jessica Marquez, HR director for the Phil and Penny Knight Campus for the Acceleration of Scientific Impact, bachelor’s in ethnic studies, 2004.
- Andrew Moreland, The Duck Store, bachelor’s in accounting and philosophy, 2011.
- Chris Wig, Emergence Addiction and Behavioral Therapies, master’s in journalism (magazine), 2013.
- Ian Winbrock, Center for Science Communication Research, currently a graduate student in the Lundquist College of Business.
- David Teach, Amazon, bachelor’s in general science, 2010.
- Marissa Zarate, Huerto de la Familia, law degree, 2011.
All recipients will be honored at a ticketed cocktail reception Wednesday, April 13, at 5:30 p.m. at Eugene’s Venue 252. More information on the 20 Under 40 awards is available at the Eugene Chamber of Commerce website.