Google and Facebook analytics can feel overwhelming to a novice, but an upcoming workshop will show how to put them to work for you.
“Using Analytics 101: Logging in, Looking Around, Learning the Ropes” runs from noon to 5 p.m. May 3 in the Walnut Room, Erb Memorial Union. Register now.
With a knowledgeable tour guide, you can quickly determine how to get the most from analytics and how to use the information to make good decisions about your site and its content, said Susan Thelen, director of advertising for UO Marketing and Brand Management.
The seminar covers:
- understanding the dashboard and navigation
- defining terminology and vocabulary such as “unique visitor” and “bounce rate”
- interpreting information and making decisions
- setting goals and tracking progress
- investigating the social media analytics capabilities
The instructors are Kelli Matthews, an account director and digital strategist at the Turell Group and instructor of public relations in the School of Journalism and Communication; and Kurt Booker, a web specialist at the Turell Group, a Eugene-based marketing, public relations and digital strategy company.
Prior to the workshop, there is a prerequisite to install Google Analytics on your website; follow these instructions.
- UO Office of Strategic Communications