The University of Oregon benefits office is hosting a variety of retirement education workshops in the months ahead.
A representative from Oregon Savings Growth Plan will conduct an on-campus seminar that will provide information about Oregon's deferred compensation plan as an option for retirement planning. The workshop takes place Feb. 27 in the Coquille Room of the Erb Memorial Union with two times to choose from: 10 to 11:30 a.m. or 12:30 to 2 p.m. No registration is required.
Representatives from Public Employees Retirement System will conduct on-campus seminars in March. The following workshops will take place in the EMU’s Crater Lake North Room, and registration is required:
- Introduction to PERS, March 19, from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.This workshop is designed for tier one and two members who are more than three years from retirement.
- PERS retirement readiness, March 20, from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.This workshop is for tier one and tier two PERS members who are within one to three years from retirement.
- All about Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan, March 20, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.This workshop is designed for all public service plan members who were hired on or after Aug. 29, 2003, at any stage of their career.
Representatives from Fidelity will conduct on-campus seminars on April 1. The following workshops will take place in the EMU’s Swindells Room, and registration is required:
- Getting on the Right Path, April 1, 9 to 10 a.m.
- Making Better Investment Choices - April 1, 11 a.m. to noon.
- Retirement Income Planning - April 1, 1 to 2 p.m.
In addition to retirement workshops, the benefits office is hosting on-campus retirement counseling sessions to answer benefit-eligible employees’ questions regarding tax-deferred investment and optional retirement plans. A limited number of financial planning workshops are offered with retirement planners.
Fidelity counseling sessions are Feb. 20 and 27; March 7 and 8; and April 9, 16 and 26. Reservations for the Fidelity workshops are available online or by phone at 1-800-343-0860. Room locations and times are provided at the time the reservation is made.
TIAA counseling sessions are Feb. 19, 20, 21 and 22; March 12 and 13; and April 9, 10, 11 and 12. Appointments can be scheduled online or by calling 1-800-842-2888.