UO researchers and scholars were recently featured in stories about supervolcanoes, Marvel comics and anti-bias training, among other topics.
Research from earth sciences professor Ilya Bindeman and graduate student Dylan Colón about the magma bodies beneath Yellowstone National Park appeared in dozens of media outlets, including The Washington Post, Newsweek, IFL Science and Gizmodo.
Here are some other places where UO researchers were mentioned in the media:
- Forbes interviewed UO English and comic and cartoon studies professor Ben Saunders about the Marvel exhibit he is curating at the Museum of Pop Culture. Similar stories appeared in the Seattle Times, Seattle Magazine and Cinema Blend.
- UO anthropologist Carol Silverman provided expert commentary for a New York Times story about the use of the term Gypsy in the theater world.
- UO psychology professor Nick Allen was quoted in a Today Online story about easy ways to de-stress.
- Vox interviewed UO law professor Erik Girvan for a story on anti-bias training.
- Vox also interviewed UO psychology professor Paul Slovic for a story on understanding the Trump era.
- Julie Heffernan, graduate director of teaching and licensure at the UO, penned an op-ed in The Oregonian about the Safe Schools Report.
- UO law professor Elizabeth Tippett authored a story for The Conversation about laws governing secrecy. The story was picked up by several media outlets, including the Los Angeles Times and Chicago Tribune.
- Nico Larco, Urbanism Next lead and Sustainable Cities Initiative co-director, was quoted in a story for the Architect’s Newspaper about the role architects play in a future with driverless cars.
Around the O would like to know when members of the UO faculty, staff or students are interviewed by media or have written for publications based on their role at the UO. If you or a colleague have been in the news please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to learn more about writing for The Conversation, email Molly Blancett at email@example.com.